Wednesday, August 13, 2008

How do you do it all?

This is a question that many people ask me on a regular basis. I think they must be referring to having six children while running a household and home schooling. Truth is....
I don't!

How could anyone possibly do it all, all of the time? Something or someone will always be neglected. Yes, my kitchen looked like this last night, but I got up and cleaned it this morning. It always does eventually get done. I really don't like waking up to a dirty kitchen, but when your baby is screaming, and your husband is at bishopric meeting and kids are jumping off the furniture...naked.... you just put everyone to bed and try again tomorrow.

...only thing is... look at the great example I am teaching my girls! Their kitchen is a mess too!

Oh, and by the way... we are not home schooling anymore. There is only a certain amount of neglecting that I will allow, and I knew that I would either be neglecting three adorable little girls, or I would be neglecting the second, fifth and sixth graders. So the public schools welcomed them and our tax dollars with open arms, and I have to say, I only cried for the first week.

8 comments:

talitha said...

Amen, and good for you!

fijiangirl said...

What a relief to hear that you can't do it all? Now I don't feel so bad! Love you!

Christian said...

Jumping off of furniture naked must be a right of passage for all children...that, and running down the street naked repeatedly for your neighbors to see.

Brittany said...

Thank you thank you THANK YOU for this! I'm going to call you about my latest mommy meltdown moment...

winspears said...

How true this is! Glad to hear I'm not the only one with naked children and dirty dishes. I also have boys who jump off roofs, play soccer in the house, and can magically disappear when it is time to "tidy" up!

But- it is a wonderful adventure!

Love and miss you! Jenn

Lamp Tramp said...

Sometimes our decisions have to be readjusted...to suit our everchanging lives.
Love your mistreatments on previous post!

Kelly said...

Nice to see someone else's kitchen looking like mine!

Lucas said...

as a tyke, i preferred being naked....

and you probably didn't care to hear that.