Thursday, November 17, 2011

Bummed...

I am seriously bummed...
I try to go walking or running every morning.  I get up at about six a.m. and put my music on, and depending on my mood and the music I either walk or run.  I love the mornings.  I love being out there for the sunrise.  It is the most peaceful, magical time of day and my only alone time, so I really cherish every moment out there.
But, alas, it has grown too cold, and I really refuse to go out when it is below 30 degrees.  I know, I'm a wuss, but my ears freeze off and my lungs burn for the rest of the day.  
So for now I will spend my mornings on the boring treadmill in my boring basement.
I would now like to take you on a tour of what I will be missing until spring....



I usually first head down these stairs to a lovely bike path in a gully behind our house.





Sometimes I follow it up to a road that backs to the plains....

...or sometimes I take the more naturey way...my favorite...along a gravel path...
















One day I ran into this guy.  I mean, I literally ran into him.  He flew within inches of my head!
He is about 18 inches tall and has a wingspan of atleast six feet across!
I will miss him.
I will not miss the coyotes that I "ran into."

Making my way back into the neighborhood...




...back up the stairs...

 When I see my house as I run back home, I realize there is no other place I'd rather be.



This is HOME.

And although it will be looking more like this for the next six months, I'll take it.
Because this has magic in it too!

4 comments:

Carly said...

I know the feeling. I FINALLY found a running route here that I like and now it's too cold. Bummed is right, but now I have a little girl to keep me home now, too. =)

Christian said...

I almost run into an owl just like that every day on my way to the bus too!...except it's not an owl - it's a barking dog...and it's behind a fence.

Deep Thoughts, by Christian...

talitha said...

This was great, Buff. The pictures are terrific and you are blessed to have such a beautiful place to run and enjoy.

All I kept thinking as I looked at the pictures, though, was:

"If I tried to run around all that foliage and brush, I would die. Literally."

Come to the gym with me now that it's cold. You can get yelled at by the treadmill class instructor while you run. It's more fun than I am making it sound.

Jamie said...

So beautiful! I want to walk/run with you! But my temperature cut off point is 50 degrees....too bad :)