Friday, November 4, 2011

The Real Me...

I was soooo sick of looking at that boy picture of me that I wanted to post a real picture of me.  So here it is, taken today.  But the title of my post has had me thinking?  Who is the real me?
For so long I have been so inundated with being pregnant, or breastfeeding or diapers and just so tired that I could hardly think, that now I'm slowly creeping out of that phase and am trying to see who this girl really is.  For almost 16 years I have been doing the same things.  Now that I am getting real sleep, and not connected to an infant 24/7 it has been interesting to find out what I like and what I don't like.
For one, I really like my husband!  Not that I didn't before, but I feel like he finally has his wife back.  I love spending time alone with him.  I used to get anxious when I thought about not having the baby with us.  Now I want to go sit on a deserted beach with him and just be...alone.
I also really like running.  Who'd have thunk it!  I love leaving the house when it is dark and then watching the sunrise as I run through the plains of Colorado.  I listen to my music or general conference talks and just go.
I still don't like scrap booking.  I love pictures, but I just can't do it!  So if anyone has any lovely suggestions for me, I would appreciate it.  
I still love organizing and my dream job is to be a professional organizer...or maybe just work for Peter Walsh.
I still love interior design, but am not so consumed with it as I am learning to love contentment more.
I love being a wife to my childhood sweetheart...I love being a mom to six beautiful children...
So I guess not much has changed.  I'm doing exactly what I always wanted to do.
Who is the Real Me?  My name is Buffy (Yes, that's my real name.) I am a daughter, a wife, a mother, an organizer, a designer, I'm becoming a runner...and I'm a Mormon.

6 comments:

Christian said...

You're a pretty good sister too.

fijiangirl said...

and a pretty great friend!... and you are also a great singer... and a great... oh I guess I could go on and on but this is your post so I'll just say OK, thanks, bye.

merathon said...

and is that what you uploaded for your mormon.org profile? :)

as for the scrapbooking thing, i never could do it either. i love making photobooks online though--shutterfly, snapfish, and many other options out there! upload the pictures, decide how you want to place them on the page, then order it! easy peasy! i always wait until there are coupon codes available so i don't ever pay full price.

molly kay said...

Love it! I have been wanting to do my profile on mormon.org for a while now. I'm still heavily into the baby on me 24/7 stage so as of right now- I don't know who I am....but I used to during the 8 years I was baby free before Brighton. I'll get back to it...I do know that I HATE running though!!

MandyJep said...

Simply beautiful. Elegant, graceful, and smart.

isavirtue said...

this is lovely and honest...and your hair is fabulous too!!