Yes, I realize I have not posted in over a year. I wasn't even sure if my blog still existed! But as I looked back at past posts I found that I was so glad I had posted anything at all. Since I don't scrapbook and rarely even develop pictures, I was so glad I had something!
That being said, I decided to post about our trip we just took to California and Utah. It was amazing!
This will most likely take several posts to get through it all.
A few days before our trip we bought a new van. Our mini van was 13 years old, and although it was still in great condition, we had outgrown it. (Not to mention it had no A/C and I wasn't about to drive through Nevada with no A/C!) So we bought a big van. The great thing about this van is that it has 8 captain chairs. Everyone has their own seat! No complaining about, "She's touching me!" It was awesome. The strap around Chloe's seat was the TV for the back kids to watch. The little girls had one to watch too. 4000 miles...ya gotta have movies! Especially through the desert!
We were packed to the gills though because we would be camping for part of our trip. So not only did we have luggage, but our tent and 8 sleeping bags and pads and food
...oh and let us not forget lacrosse sticks!
Our first stop was to my grandma's house in Utah. She has an ostrich. Interesting creatures. We fed it. It was weird.
One thing I love about visiting her house though is how peaceful it is where she lives. She lives in one of those small towns that's not even on the map.
She has great accommodations. Four extra bedrooms and great food!
My grandma lives almost half way to Los Angeles which is wonderfully convenient for us whenever we want to go to see The Mouse.
We stayed one night with her and then headed to Cali! We stopped at Danny's favorite temple in St.George and visited his relatives grave sites.
"These stairs are burning hot mom! Hurry and take the picture!"
Did I mention that St. George is hot?
By the way, this is the flattest you will see my hair. It just continued to get bigger and bigger with the humidity!
This is Mac at the headstone of Danny's great grandpa McLane, whom Mac is named after. Danny suggested that maybe he shouldn't smile so much while lying beside a gravestone so I took another picture!
Just FYI, we did change the spelling to MacLane so that we could call him Mac. Sorry Gramps.
More to come...Disneyland!

No comments:
Post a Comment