Most of the windows in my home are naked. Sure they have yer typical faux wood, Home Depot blinds. After living here over six years it was time to put some clothes on these ladies! So I thought I'd make a few dresses, and take you through my absurd thought process.

So, here we have naked Bay Window. As you can see, her sister, Sliding Glass Door, has had beautiful red and cream toile dressings for years, but she and her twin on the other side have been left in the cold.
So, here is prototype number one. A rectangle of fabric, pleated in the middle, and hung with...is there a rod? Oh no...it's just upholstery tacks. $1.99 for 20 from the craft store.
However, she had been naked for a long time, so I needed to really make it up to her. I thought that this looked a little bare, kind of Jane Doe. So $1.00 worth of ribbon later and...
So, here is prototype number one. A rectangle of fabric, pleated in the middle, and hung with...is there a rod? Oh no...it's just upholstery tacks. $1.99 for 20 from the craft store.
Ta Da! She is no longer Pioneer, but Paris!
So here we have the whole nook, and what it looks like now! Complete with the two and four year old face pullers! Much better I think. And no more naked windows running around (in this room anyway!) And please ignore everything behind the curtains! ( Did anyone just think of the Wizard of Oz?) That is another work in progress! Amazing what you can do with $3.00! Coming soon: The things you make your husband do when you take your house off the market, and what to do with an old sofa table!
12 comments:
THis was funny. I really like what you did for not a lot of money! I have many naked windows at my house. I have pictures and fabric and the phone number of the wonderful window treatment designer and seamstress that i want to use when I get about $5,000 to spare- and that was the quote she gave me just for my bedroom and sitting room! They'll be naked for a long time I'm sure but at least I know what I want- that's something right? Chloe's blessing pix are cute- very foreign clothing and title to me though- never heard of or seen that color- what is it? Moll
Very cute- I am officially inspired! My question is how you actually get to the fabric store with six kids, not to mention being able to concentrate on picking cute stuff while your kids try to sew their brother's shirt to a piece of felt sitting on the demo sewing machines...
SUPER cute...I plan on admiring and praising your work up close this weekend.
T
Very cute... maybe I can send you pictures of my windows and you can give me ideas
I like being inside your head, at least a little bit. You practically had me blushing at the thought of your naked windows...and I'm right with you on the Wizard of Oz.
LOVE it! So much better with the ribbon! I am totally guilty too. I have lived in this house for 9 years, and the only reason the windows have treatments now is beacause Im trying to sell and need it to look "pretty" lol!!
Congratulations on coming over to the dark side of blogging! With your full house I'll be impressed with every entry. But I have to say I'm a little surprised to see you use "quiet" in any kind of decription of me. How long will that last buff?
Hi!
I just wondered over from the Nester's place. Love the mistreatments. They really complete the look in your breakfast nook. I'll be stopping by from now on...glad I found ya!
Love the addition of the ribbon--very nice!!
~ Sarah
I love what you did with the ribbon!
Beautiful! I love the ribbons--they are the prefect touch!
Congratulations on your 6th baby girl! We are a homeschooling family too, waiting on kids #4 and 5 (both boys). Thanks for sharing!
-Sarah
Amazing what a little green ribbon can do. They look fantastic!!
Post a Comment