Thursday, October 1, 2009

Ask me how to sell a house!

So, my excuse for not updating in so long goes like this:

In April we sold our house...it only took a week!

A week before the closing our buyer fell through.

We lost the home we were going to buy.

We unpacked and put the house back on the market.

One week later, we sold our house again!

A week before the closing our buyer fell through.

We lost the second house we were going to buy.

We put the house back on the market.

Two weeks later it sold again!

We were hesitant to pack....but WE FINALLY CLOSED!

We had a hard time finding a house this time, so we decided to build again!

Our house is scheduled to close Dec. 8!

We have been living with my parents for two months, and driving our kids to their new schools, which are not close right now. When we move the elementary school is right acrossed the street, but for now I can put about 60 miles on my car a day just taking kids to school and picking them up! (Luckily my mom has been helping out!)


So here are some photos of our journey:




Our big empty lot!
Building the cement foundation!  Or, our huge basement!


Framing!




Starting to look like a house!


This is what you see from the front door.  You kind of come in and the living room is on the left. The archway in front of you is the dining room. The kitchen/family room great room is behind that.  The hallway under the stairs leads to Megan's room, a full bath and the mudroom that comes in from the garage.  There are some awesome closets back there too!  
They actually started on the drywall a couple of days ago and I can't wait to post some pics of that!  We are excited!  It's coming along!  More to come!










5 comments:

Beth said...

What an incredibly frustrating ordeal! Congratulations on the new house. I am so happy for you.

molly kay said...

So happy for you guys! I've been meaning to call and find out if you finally sold your house!Too bad we don't live out there or you could have a custom house built by Thomas! He is building 2 homes right now! Hopefully, in this market, you got a good deal!I admire your ability to move in with your parents- I couldn't do it even for a short time- it would drive me nuts!The 6 months we had to live with Thomas' parents when we moved to VA 9 years ago did me in!

Jamie said...

No way!

(In reference to the fact you posted AND that your empty lot has a house on it already)
Looks beautiful!

Christian said...

Can I drive my car in your basement when it's finished?

Buffy said...

Hello mom this is megan I was just wondering when you were going to update the pictures of our house. Because in 16 days is our closing. I love you lots!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

love,
your darling daughter,
who always makes you smile,
Megan