Wednesday, April 7, 2010

$4 Chair

A few months back I bought this chair at a thrift store for $3. UGLY...

I knew it had potential though, so I removed the seat cover.



Then I got me about $1 worth of burlap, enough to cover the seat using two layers.




Then I used lettered stencils and painted what looks like a Paris address on the burlap.  I made the address significant to us by using our last name and anniversary. (5-20-95)



Then I painted the chair with some white paint I had, roughed it up with sand paper, and wiped a black glaze over the whole thing.  Then I stapled the burlap onto the seat and screwed it back into the chair.



And there you have it.  It only took a few hours here and there for about two days...no I couldn't have done it all at one time.



Now it sits by out entryway table for guests to sit and take their shoes on and off.  I love it.  And it cost me only about $4!

5 comments:

Carly said...

I LOVE IT!!!

I just bought a coffee table at DI that is pretty heinous and I'm planning on doing the same thing. You just got me so excited!

Christian said...

You mean I have to take my shoes off at your house? Forget it. We're not coming over ever again!

Brittany said...

Creative - what can you do with my wardrobe?

fijiangirl said...

So cute... boy you are really into this French woman thing aren't you! Ha Ha

Jamie said...

Too cute! I must hire you. Someday. When I have more than 1200 sq ft to work with :)