And I had a blast! I have not laughed that hard in soooo long. We ate out, we stayed up late, we saw some sites, recited movie lines, talked about people from college and high school, cried a little bit... but mostly we laughed. It refueled me. I came home feeling rested and ready to take on my life.
I also came home to a surprise! As Danny and the kids picked me up from the airport, we started driving north instead of south to our house. I thought, "Where in the heck are we going?"
Danny finally pulled up to the Embassy Suites just outside of Fort Collins. I got to extend my vacation a little bit longer, but with my family. It was a nice way to ease back into things. I got to enjoy my family without being thrust back into laundry and meals. We stayed there last night, went to the pool twice, ate out and just got to have fun for one more day.
Now we are all home safe and sound and I feel so grateful. I am especially grateful to my husband for taking care of things so well while I was gone, and letting me leave on my birthday with no one but my little self. What a sweet boy.
I am also sooo grateful for my friends and the time I was able to spend with them. I will always cherish it. Love you guys!
This picture was from a little community in Orlando called Celebration, it was lovely.

3 comments:
I feel exactly the same way! what a great post and a fab trip we had! We must do it again.
How fun! But I am confused as to why the ONLY picture you post on a no husband no children trip to see your friends in Florida is of some houses where no one you know lives!! Where are the pictures of the things you mentioned you did in your post????? Let's see some hot mama on your birthday pix!!
It was the best time! Start buttering Danny up for next year.. :)
Post a Comment