While I sit here and post, I often don't know what to say. One part of me wants to post pictures of my beautiful new home, but a bigger part of me has a really hard time with it because I don't want to just brag and boast and sound prideful. Like, my life is so awesome, don't you all want to look at it!
I go to my brother's blog and it is hilarious! It's about the people on the bus that he takes every day to work. He is a great writer and it is obviously a creative outlet for him, and I get to just sit back and enjoy. My sister-in-law's blog is cute and sweet and it's always short and to the point about her boys and the funny things they do. And it is so sweet to me that I get to see them even though they live far away. It's not braggy at all.
There are many that I visit that are this way, and I appreciate them and why they write them. However, there is the occasional one that is like that annoying Christmas newsletter that you get and dread every year. It's just full of pictures of their "perfect" life and all the millions of things their children are involved in and all the wonderful trips that they take and awards they have won. This is my fear. I don't want my blog to be that way. I don't want people to feel bad when they read my blog because they don't have a big new beautiful home or as many children as I do. If I'm going to blog, I want to be helpful in some way.
Soooo....in short...or long...I need to know, first of all if there is anyone besides the two of you who read this that think I should even bother, or if there are any ideas about what I could write about besides my "wonderful life"!
I've had ideas about maybe how to's on saving money with a large family, organization, food storage, or just helpful advice from someone who has a lot of kids. I don't know. Maybe it doesn't really matter and I should just delete it.
I'd love comments. And if I don't get any....well...then there is my answer.
9 comments:
People care less than you think. haha. Post pictures of your kids for ME and post stuff about organization and home decor and recipes and stuff you like if you're worried about being prideful. But if that stresses you out or you don't have time, kiss it goodbye =)
Buffy, the people who are reading your blog care about you and your life. If what's happening is your move to your HUMONGOUS house or something about your HUMONGOUS family - and certain people can't be happy for you - then that's their problem. I don't think, however, that those jealous people exist except in your head. The rest of us just want to know what's going on....now, if all you can think about is your HUMONGOUS house then that's a different story all together.:)
...or you could be the 'Anti-Rosy-Happy-Blog' and only post sad and depressing things that happen in your life. Then you won't have to worry ;>
Okay, maybe I am just being paranoid, and obviously too judgemental or maybe jealous of those other blogs I visit. Thanks for your reassurance...and no thanks Christian...I don't want to have a Debbie Downer blog!
Here's my two cents. I write my blog for me. It's all things that I want to remember, think are funny, frustrated with, etc. If people enjoy reading it, that's great, but I've found it's much more enjoyable to write this way than worry about what other people think of my blog. And we have enjoyed your blog in the past and are happy you've decided to join us again! :)
PLEASE PLEASE blog! Even if it's only occasionally as I am on blogger everyday checking up on those I care about. We are so far away and who knows if and when we are EVER going to see each other again- this will help us keep in touch!
lawanna wrote exactly what i was going to say, so just reread her comment and pretend i just said it too! don't worry about it and just post what you'd like to post! if people don't like it, they don't have to read it!
Bring on the pictures! I love pictures.
Totally. What everyone else said. Blogs are the only way I know what people are doing, how their kids are growing, and what they think about. So share. It helps me to not feel so far away-
Post a Comment